FHCL PROSPECTUS

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FHCL PROSPECTUS

Post by vsobs on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 14:28

FHCL PROSPECTUS

The 2012 FHCL draft has come and gone and GM's are scrambling trying to improve their teams, dissecting who went where, whether there picks were any good, etc. The biggest question remains the prospects and what they will become. Prospects are always the most difficult to judge and analyze as one minute they are a #6 overall pick, one of the best prospects in the world in some people's minds, and the next minute they are being exiled to the KHL signing 2year deals with and Salavat Yulaev. The 'FHCL PROSPECTUS' will be a yearly article grading each teams group of prospects and how they stack up against one another. Obviously, shit teams like TEAM MIGRAINE, TEAM EASY MARK and TEAM UGLY GETZLAF should dominate but that may not always be the case. FHCL PROSPECTUS has arrived. Will your prospects?

TEAM MIGRAINE finished 7th with a total of 926 points. The Commish had this team finishing anywhere between 5-8. The Commish was apparently right! As a result of their lacklustre finish, Team Migraine picked 3rd in the 2012 FHCL Draft. Team Migraine had 4 picks and took 4 NHL players. As a result, Team Migraine retains the same prospect pool.
1) Evgeny Kuznetsov - the prize prospect of this organization. Unfortunately for Team Migraine, Mr. Kuznetsov has decided to play another 2 years in the KHL with the hope that this earns him a spot on Team Russia for the Sochi Olympics. It's looking more and more like a Radulov situation!
2) Kyle Palmieri - Mr. AHL has done well for himself in the minors. Unfortunately, he has been unable to lock down a top 6 forward spot on the Ducks roster. This is a little concerning as they're really thin and old on the 2nd line. Selanne has signed up for 1 more year but father time will eventually rear it's ugly head. Palmieri is still young, but up until this point he has been unable to translate AHL success to the NHL. Time is ticking!
3) Joe Colborne - Colborne appears to be destined for 3rd line duties at the NHL level. When you can't crack the top 6 forwards for the 5th worst team in the NHL you have to assume that this guy can hopefully be a serviceable forward on the 3rd or 4th line sometime throughout his career. Colborne was unable to perform offensively scoring 39 pts. in 65 games in his 3rd season in the AHL. Burke can't be happy with this guys AHL production.
4) Jack Campbell - Did this guy hit a rut or a wall? Who fucking knows, and I'm not taking a stab at what this guy might be at the NHL. Does anybody remember Jamie Storr?
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 5th

TEAM SAGGY BALLS only had 2 picks at the draft. SAGGY BALLS traded away a 2nd and a 3rd to get Brad Richards just before the draft. Only time will tell if Richards was worth the price. On draft day, a blast from the past, Mark Dubreuil, showed up and acted as Willy's assistant. Recently, Willy (aka Sam Pollach Jr.) and his beautiful wife, Rita, moved out to Manitoba. Willy has stated publicly that the move was made strictly for family reasons. This move was somewhat peculiar, as Willy didn't have any outstanding arrest warrants that had caused his previous relocations to the Turks and Caicos, Portugal, etc. Recent information has surfaced that suggest Willy feared for his safety. The apparent suspect causing Willy's relocation is only known to this beat writer as the 'LOW-LIFE LIAR'. Willy has hinted at coming back once the 'LOW-LIFE LIAR' has been captured! As it stood prior to the draft, Willy arguably had one of the worst prospect pools in the league along with a guy known as the 'FILTHY SPITTER'. This was no fault of Willy's as he inherited a group of prospects from his son, Mark, who has toiled in mediocrity for years in the WHP. Willy was able to obtain two solid picks in the draft but has since traded one of those players in the Suter deal. This leaves Willy with only one prospect worth mentioning.
1) Joe Morrow - Although this writer has not seen enough of Morrow on the ice, all other respectable media sources have this guy translating into an effective offensive defenseman at the NHL level. His Junior numbers are impressive and the Penguins will be patient with his development, as they have one of, if not the best offensive defenseman in Kris Letang.
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 7TH

TEAM BRAGO has the worst prospects in the FHCL and not worth talking about! Then again, prospects don't get you points in this league, and Rob didn't need any of them as he took home $100 and 3rd place.
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 9TH

TEAM EASY MARK was all over the map this year and ended up with 5 picks that resemble such. It was no secret to anyone that some of Whitey's trades (WITH THE 'LOW-LIFE LIAR') did not sit well with some people. As much as this writer would love to bash TEAM EASY MARK, I have to be honest and say that Whitey has assembled a well balanced prospect pool. Whitey has higher end prospects at both forward and defensive positions. Whitey has also positioned himself well for next year's draft with five 1st round picks. It will be interesting to see who Whitey keeps or trades away as he currently has 40 players on his roster that has to get cut down to 39 before the start of the season, and 9 more picks next year. What does this wild man do next!
1) Mikael Granlund - As much as I would love to bash this guy it is evident that Granlund is one of the best prospects in the world. The question is do you trade one of the best prospects in the world, plus 2 mid round picks, for a 26 yr. old who scored 70 or more points 3 times by the time he was 24 yrs. old? Granlund should get every opportunity to succeed with the Wild this year along with felow star Charlie Coyle. The question is how does a 5'8, 165 lb. Finn fair against the bigger and faster competition on a smaller ice surface. It is a lot easier to lose yourself on the international ice surface. For the time being Granlund is still one of the best prospects in the world.
2) Justin Schultz - Last year if someone told you Schultz would be the 2nd overall selection in the 2012 FHCL Draft, everybody would have laughed at such at statement. If you said it was Whitey taking Schultzie 2nd overall we all would have understood. LOL. Jokes aside, I believe Whitey made a good choice selecting Schultz 2nd overall. In taking Schultz, Whitey caused Jens to take players he didn't want to take and put on a 'FAKE HAPPY'face. Schultz has the size and appears to have the ability to become a #1 pairing D. Good pick!
3) Dougie Hamilton - As much as I bashed Billy last year, Hamilton was one of his better acquisitions. Whitey was fortunate enough to find Hamilton already on his roster when he took over. TEAM CRY ME A RIVER traded Hamilton to TEAM EASY MARK for Martin Brodeur. Hamilton appears to be the heir apparent to Zdeno Chara.
4) Ryan Strome - Strome continued his strong play last year and became Canada's #1 center at the WJC. Strome appears destined to spend another year in juniors and this may be the best thing for him.
5) Ryan Murray - Whitey recently acquired Murray from SAGGY BALLS as part of the Suter trade. As much as I like Murray I'm not sure I see the offensive output required for the FHCL. Not saying he won't be an effective offensive defenseman but I see Murray as about the same way I see Suter, predominantly a 40-45 pt. defenseman.
6) Emerson Etem - Etem had a remarkable season in the WHL this season. He then went to the WJC and laid an egg. You tend to get concerned about prospects like Etem who struggle against better players or when something is on the line. The jury is still out on Etem but you can't ignore the 61 goals he put up this year.
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 3RD

TEAM MONEYBALL (soon to be changed) recently received a boost as new ownership was put in place of this joke of a team. Prior to Newbs taking the reigns of TEAM MONEYBALL, every result and transaction reminded people of the Edmonton Oilers who have picked 1st 3 times in a row now. No, that wasn't a misprint. 3 times in a row! Newbs had 8 mid round picks and by all accounts he faired rather well. Newbs has a lot of cleaning up to do from previous ownership. If the first month is any indication of what to expect from what appears to be a competent GM, TEAM MONEYBALL (soon to be changed) will fair well. 4 of Newbs' top 6 prospects come from this years draft. Newbs has some decisions to make as he presently has 41 players for 39 roster spots. He has 7 more picks in 2013 and will have even more roster decisions to make next year. What to do? What to do?
1) Jacob Markstrom - Markstrom was there before Newbs arrived and was one of the very few smart choices 'GYROS AND FRIES' made. You got to wonder why Florida management is looking into bringing Luongo and his enormous contract back to the sunshine state.
2) Mikhail Grigorenko - Probably the biggest wild card in the draft. Is he comparable to Yakupov and worthy of the #2 slot he once occupied or is he the heartless Russian lacking the required desire and work ethic needed to become an elite centerman? Is he the next Malkin or Zerdev? Only time will tell.
3) Matt Dumba - Maybe the next biggest wild card in this draft. Having Suter there to groom him is not going to hurt. Is he the next Scott Niedermeyer? Dumba plays a reckless game and questions arise with regards to his duability due to his smallish frame.
4) Griffin Reinhart - Anytime you take an Islander you got to wonder. Lol. It can't hurt that he was that 'REINY' was the biggest force at the Memorial Cup. The question remains whether he has enough offensive ability to be a serviceable D in the FHCL.
5) Jonas Brodin - There probably wasn't another player with more differing views. Brodin didn't stand out in the WJC. I mean that he didn't do anything bad but he also didn't do anything spectacular.
6) Calvin Dehaan - Is this guy ever going to be healthy? If he does everybody says what a great skater and first pass he makes out of the defensive zone. These 2 things are usually essential parts when talking about a good offensive defenseman. Extra weight in the offseason appears to have helped out. Now let's see if his shoulder can hold up.
7) Teuvo Teravainen - Similar to Granlund in size and stature. The midget obviously dropped for this reason. Can't deny the offensive talent but Bill Bowler was a stand out in Juniors as well.
Cool Robin Lehner - The 3rd goalie in line in Ottawa. The 'SNAKE' says he would never draft the 3rd rated goalie in any organization. But what if the 3 goalies in the system are all NHL caliber and he is the youngest?
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 4TH

TEAM BAND AID was able to ascertain multiple picks much to the dismay of Team Homo's. I guess that's what happens when you have players everybody wants. Luckily for Team Saggy Balls, Team Homo's also wanted those players and tried butt drilling the old man in a late season trade. It is obvious that these players were coveted by Team Homo's as he also acquired Lidstrom and Thomas in the WFHL. Luckily for Willy, Karma decided to show the 'LOW-LIFE LIAR' what he deserved and Lidstrom retired. Although Vic knew there might be some growing pains the 1st year, his goal was to be in the running every year and not just the first couple. Team Band Aid has positioned himself impeccably. Not only does he have a roster filled with players in there mid to late 20's, he has obtained elite level prospects. Vic had 8 picks this year and due to a few surprise picks ahead of him, Team Band Aid came away very happy. (I'm not going to lie Tom).
1) Kris Kreider - Surprisingly this guy was made available in the Tavares trade. The previous owner of Kreider didn't feel the same and Team Band Aid pounced on this guy. In a surprise call up in the playoffs, against the best competition, Kreider flourished. The kid who had never played a single NHL game looked like a man among boys, and Kreider was 'THE MAN'. Big, strong, lightning fast, along with great hands, have Sather refusing to include him in a deal for Rick Nash. Oh, did I mention that he accomplished this playing for one of the toughest coaches in the NHL? One of the early favorites for the Calder.
2) Braden Holtby - Holtby was originally Vic's 1st rd pick in his mock draft. Although Holtby was on Team Band Aid's radar since last March, Vic was hoping he would get this franchise goalie in the 3rd round. That was until the 2012 playoffs. Team Band was a little nervous after selecting Scheifele (Team Band aid didn't think he would be there) with their first pick. Vic tried moving up to grab Holtby with no luck. Team Band Aid waited nervously as their was a chance Team Moneyball, Team Migraine and Team Easy Mark all could have grabbed a goalie. When the franchise goalie was still there at the #15 slot, Team Band Aid nearly performed cart wheels. Vic didn't want to hurt his other knee so he was content just to sit there with the biggest smile on his face.
3) Charlie Coyle - A late season transfer seems to have done nothing but benefit the college standout. So much so, that on a team with Huberdeau and so many 1st rd picks, Coyle was QMJHL playoff MVP confirming Coyle's status as one of the top prospects in the world. With his already NHL frame and elite skill, it appears the Wild will make every effort to find a spot for him this coming October.
4) Mark Scheifele - Was it possible? The Jets first line center of the future available at 9? No way? I would have bet the house this guy would not be here at 9. Luckily for Team Band Aid he was and Vic started the 2012 NHL entry draft with the biggest hard on!
5) Filip Forsberg - Team Band Aid was thrilled with its first 3 selections. If they didn't make another selection they would have been content. Vic was so happy with his first 3 selections that even if they chose a hockey players with the talent level of ankle skater Tom Ventura, the day would have been a success. But as luck may have it, Filip Forsberg fell into their laps. Arguably the best junior player in every junior tournament he has participated in. Forsberg now found his rightful place on Team Band Aid. Forsberg has already said that he will remain in Sweeden which makes GM Sobieraj ecstatic. Nothing could be better for Forsberg's development than another year playing in the WJC and the SEL.
6) Nick Bjugstad - The big centerman, who centered Team USA's top line at the WJC, has confirmed his intention to return to the preseason #1 ranked NCAA team, Minnesota Golden Gophers. Another great move and decision by the big fella who appears destined to wreak havoc with Huberdeau for years to come. Is it possible for a 4th place team to have so many elite level prospects? Apparently so.
7 AND Cool Sebastian Collberg and Ivan Telegin - both Collberg and Telegin were one of the top 3 players for their respective countries at the WJC. Remember I said "one of the top 3". They weren't the best players but when you get 5th rounders who were one of the top 3 players on the two best teams, it is hard to complain!
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 2ND

TEAM CRY ME A RIVER is almost as bad as TEAM BRAGO!
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 8TH

TEAM HOMOS had an ok draft. It's difficult to get top end talent when you are picking in the 4th and 5th round. HOMOS were able to get 2 D prospects and a 2nd line center in the draft. All three organizations don't like to rush their prospects so it will be a while before TEAM HOMOS sees any production on their roster with these guys. But if you believe what the leader of the HOMOS said at the bar right after the draft "These guys probably won't be on our roster next week!"
1) Jon Merrill - It appears as though MERRILL's discipline problems seem to be behind him. After a lengthy suspension from legendary hockey coach Red Berenson, Merrill was able to fill in and play as best expected. New Jersey doesn't like to rush its prospects and appears destined for a future #2 or #3 spot in a couple of years.
2) Nathan Beaulieu - Much like New Jersey, Montreal does not like to rush its prospects. With several guys recently signed in Montreal, Beaulieu will no doubtedly find himself riding the bus in the AHL for a couple seasons developing his game. Production for this guy appears a long way away with Markov, Subban, Kaberle, Gorges, etc signed for the next couple of years and ahead of him on the depth chart.
3) Radek Faksa - Faksa dropped to the Dallas Stars due to concerns regarding his offensive potential. Nobody is doubting this kids character. Anybody that leaves home at 11 or 12 yrs of age should be commended. But character doesn't put butts in the seats, goals and points do! Look for the 'SNAKE' to try and trade this guy selling him as the next Landeskog which he is not!
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 6TH

TEAM UGLY GETZLAF

TEAM UGLY GETZLAF's intentions were clear right from the start. Drafting 9th overall, Jens is attempting to duplicate the success and model for which his WHP team was based on. Early signs indicate it might just work in the FHCL as well. Until then, let's just rename his squad to TEAM HOPE. As it stands, it appears TEAM UGLY GETZLAF has the early lead and distinction as the organization with the best prospects. Jens grabbed 5 forwards and 1 D with his 6 picks. 1) Nail Yakupov - This guy was a standout at the WJC. Brash, confident, and elite level skills has me thinking that this was the right choice for the Edmonton Oilers and Team Ugly Getzlaf. Concerns about his durability have crepped up the last year as he missed a number of games this year for Sarnia. If I was Jens I would be ok if someone told me durability would be my only concern with this guy turning into a stud!
2) Vladimir Tarasenko - Known as the tank, his long awaited arrival to the NHL will occurr this October. Tarasenko took the KHL by storm this year and he did this at the tender age of 20. My only concern with Yakupov and Taransenko is the 'RUSSIAN FACTOR'.
3) Jonathan Huberdeau - Huberdeau burst onto the scene and although you can't say Huberdeau had a disappointing season, you would be hard pressed to find someone who says he had the same kind of season as he did his draft year. Huberdeau remains, for good reason, one of the best prospects in the world and I am one beat writer who be surprised to see him anywhere but Florida this coming October.
4) Sven Bartschi - May end up being the best of the bunch. I'm definitely not saying he is going to be but how surprised would you be if he was? Bartschi's brief call up last year illustrates the offensive potential this Swiss sniper possesses. It appears as though Jens was sold on this guy when GM Sobieraj shouted and screamed (right after the draft) about how 'STUPID LOU' cost him Bartschi and Faulk. 'STUPID LOU' was able to sell the guys at the draft to drop 2 rounds from the inagural draft. These 2 rounds were meant for Team Band Aid to take Bartschi and Faulk. In the end Team Ugly Getzlaf was able to grab Bartschi with one of his 1st round picks and Team Migraine to grab Faulk with another 1st. Go figure. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM???????
5) Alex Galchenyuk - The future #1 center of the storied franchise has a lot to like about his game. I don't remember the last time the Canadiens had a centerman with this talent. My concerns with Galchenyuk focus on his reconstructed knee which appears to be fully healed and his sub par skating ability. Galchenyuk's skating deficiency (which really isn't- I'm knit picking here) may be the thing that keeps this players from being the 80 pt. plus player the Canadiens are hoping he becomes or the 65 pt. player.
6) Jaden Schwartz - His talent level and compete level is not in question by this writer. What is in question is the amount of playing time that Hitchcock can give out for this player to develop into the player Team Ugly Getzlaf is hoping they got in the trade that sent Jimmy Howard to Saggy Balls.
7) Jakub Silfverberg - Is this guy for real or just the next Fabian Brunstrom as Jens tried pawning him off as prior to the draft so he could obviously land him. Silfvergerg improved by leaps and bounds this season as his game developed nicely over in the SEL. Is Silfverberg the next Zetterberg or Brunstrom. Well, if you asked this guy, I would say he is definitely not Brunstrom but he probably won't be Zetterberg either. I say somewhere in between.
Cool Mika Zibanejad - Unbelievable that this guy was able to slide to Team Ugly Getzlaf in the 2nd round. All the tools to be a standout at the next level it will be interesting to see where Silfverberg, Stone, and Zibanejad fit into the Senators line-ups the next couple of years. An easy and wise choice for Team Ugly Getzlaf in the 2nd round.
9) Morgan Riellly - Team Ugly Getzlaf sure likes his ACL reconstructed players. Morgan Rielly's late season performances and prospect camp performance have other GM's wondering if they made the right choice passing on him. Only time will tell what type of player this kid is going to be in the NHL but a kid that is this good of a skater and makes it look easy like another guy that applied his talents in New Jersey.
Honorable Mention: Both Brendan Smith and Brandon Gormley would probably be a top prospect on a number of other FHCL teams but other teams also don't have the prospects Team Ugly Getzlaf has and should have seeing as how he he just had 5 1st round picks in the draft. Gormley played outstanding in the Memorial Cup but have you seen the Coyotes young defenseman. Where is his powerplay time gonna come from? Smith apparently has the undenying task of taking over for one of the top 3-5 defenseman to ever play the game. Good luck Smith.
PROSPECT ANALYSIS: 1ST

I hoped you enjoyed the read as much as I enjoyed making it. I will see you again for the 2nd PROSPECTUS issue intended to come out some time throughout the year.
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FHCL PROSPECTUS

Post by tventura on Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 11:08

Well look at this we have our own resident draft Guru....E.J.McGuire, I mean Vic Sobieraj.

I must say I found the article quite amusing, especially the parts that point out how amazing...you are, your picks are, how right you were/are about certain prospects!

I have some advice for you, stop looking in mirror and stroking yourself off. Spend more time improving your team "IMMEDIATELY" because some bold moves Chilly Willy made may have you finishing closer to 5th place than 3rd place....
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 20:45

Tommy, Tommy everybody here already knows how amazing I am, how good my picks are and how right I was/am about certain prospects. I've told them enough times and most of these guys know me well enough to know that that is what I am. I don't hide it! I embrace it. And I am not saying anything you guys don't know already. Instead of pointing out how arrogant, cocky, conceded and TRUTHFUL I am, how about you stick to the phony, fake, 'LOW-LIFE LYING' stuff that you are good at. Fair enough?

I know what Willy did. I know he improved his team and I knew he could do it eventhough you didn't. Good for him. You sound like a really bitter guy. A guy that once said in 'PUTTING MONEY IN MONEY IN WILLY'S POCKET, THAT'S WHAT WE DO' on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 4:46 p.m.:
YOU BRAINWASHED HIM TO GO FOR IT WHEN YOU EVEN KNEW HIS TEAM WAS “AVERAGE” AT BEST. AND NOW THOSE TWO TRADES WILL SET HIM BACK HOW FAR…..WE SHALL SEE!
I on the other hand, on the same topic the next day, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 12:36 p.m. said the following (*remember I said not today but back in February!*) :
I think there are 5 teams that can finish in the money depending on performance, injuries, etc.
You guys can see why I tend to think Tom is BI-POLAR. I wasn't joking! He says one thing in February and another in July. We are fully aware of how Tom has consistenly said that Willy is a 5th place team at best and no shot at the money. He even wanted to bet it with Willy. I on the other hand stated in February that 5 teams have a shot at the money and they do. TODAY, Tom backtracks and says the opposite. Quite confusing don't you think? I know Willy didn't have Stamkos or Suter back then but I had faith that Willy could improve his team if he wanted to without crippling himself. He is a big boy and can handle himself. Tom thinks Willy is a stupid, old, senile man and Willy should feel insulted by Tom's comments. Tom talks about how Howard won Willy $30 but I talk about how Thomas won Willy $50 (*your welcome Willy*). You say Miller will destroy Thomas in points and Willy should thank you for having the confidence to make the bet with Rob. Really? How does your pea size brain work Tom? I'm serious! LOL.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love when I use Tom posts! I told you Tom that it was better for you to stop posting. You continue to show everybody what a HYPOCRITE 'LOW-LIFE LIAR' you are.

I can't get enough of the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S !
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanne on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 0:14

For the score dick face, team injury prone should be ranked 3rd and team Easy Mark should be ranked 2nd! He has better prospects.
Yanne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by newbs on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 0:38

This is an interesting list. Where are the rest of my prospects, Ellis, Elliot, Voynov, Toffoli. I have the two biggest wildcards in Dumba and Grigorenko, hahaha. Dumba has gotten a lot of interest including you Vic. Grigorenko is going to be a star in the NHL.
newbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 0:43

I posted above the following and forgot to put Tom's quote. I don't want Tom thinking I made something up so this is what I said:
We are fully aware of how Tom has consistenly said that Willy is a 5th place team at best and no shot at the money. He even wanted to bet it with Willy
This was Tom's quote from 'PUTTING $ IN WILLY'S POCKET' on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 4:30 p.m:
I will bet you $50 that Willy doesn't finish Top 3 next year!
This bet was initially directed at me but later was offered a $100 bet from Willy that he would finish in the top 3 and declined because he said he didn't want to take Willy's $ because he was like a father to him. Exact quote from Tom from 'P.$.I.W.P' February 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm:
And you are like a father to me, that is why I'm going to be nice and allow you to retract this bet of $100.
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 0:48

Sorry Newbs, I probably should have included Ellis and Elliott as I think both have played less than the required 26 NHL games to be considered a Calder finalist. Voynov played 50 some odd games so that's why I didn't include him.

As for Dumba, I said that Dumba was a wild card. I never said I didn't like him, otherwise I wouldn't have inquired about him.
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanne on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 10:15

Vic Change your ranking of 2nd to a 3rd! Give Whitey the respect and recognition he deserves for assembling the 2nd best prospects in the FHCL!
Yanne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 10:38

Oh fuck! Jens may have a trade with Whitey in the works. Although, Whitey's trades with you don't scare me. Whitey has done fairly well in trades with Jens.

As for Whitey's prospects being ranked 3rd as opposed to 2nd, it's not a huge difference. To be honest with you, this was the toughest decision I had to make deciding between who was 2nd and 3rd. There is no shame in being 3rd. I just felt my elite level prospects pushed me ahead of Whitey's prospects. Although, Whitey does have his share of elite prospects too. That is my opinion. If you want me ranked 3rd, write your own article. Fuck call it "My wife loves me again after spending 300,000 on a house!" for all I care.
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanne on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 10:55

You have no elite prospects dummy!!! Off the top of my head I will rank the elite prospects right now!

1. Yakupov
2. Tarasenko
3. Kuznetsov
4. Huberdeau
5. Granlund

For D, the elite would be considered

1. Hamilton
2. Schultz
3. Murray

I believe after these forwards and defense their are some 1b prospects like:

1. Galchenyuk
2. Bartschi
3. Kreider
4. Strome
5. Zibanejad
6. Coyle
7. Scheifele

As you can see Whitey clearly has better prospects than you! CHANGE THE RANKINGS DICKFACE!

Yanne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 11:18

Go buy your wife another $300,000 house and maybe she will give you another hug DICKFACE!
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 14:14

Vic, easy buddy…you really need to stop sucking yourself off a bit here. Did you have a good draft YES but anyone that has 5 picks in the top 24, should do well. A fucking monkey could pick out of a hat and do just as well.

Scheifele – fell on your lap at 9, no brainer

Holtby – at 15 you took the best goalie available, BRAVO! You needed a goalie SOOOOOOO fucking bad, like I told you!

O’Reilly – at 19 I’m still scratching my head how this guy fell so much?

Forsberg – nice pick but I was shocked you didn’t load up on defence from this point on because you have a lot of question marks on your starting 6!

McDonagh – Finally you grab a defenseman

Erat – at 36 not a bad pick but once again I’m shocked you didn’t grab a defenceman. Don’t you have 5 guys like this on your team that can fill the 11-12 spot?

Collberg – at 39 I thought this was a “HUGE” mistake on your part, as once again you should have grabbed a defenseman. This guy was passed over by “MANY” NHL teams, a big gamble I think on your part.

Telegin – this I can honestly say was a brutal pick, I don’t think anyone had this guy on their draft list and I tend to shy away from European’s that after 3 years in the OHL still can’t dominate! Not to mention, you think this guy is going to un-seed Bryan Little or Scheifele as the top 2 centres in Winnipeg in the next 8-10 years? I truly believe this was a wasted pick and a pick that should have been used to shore up once again your weakness DEFENSE!

So overall I see 5 really nice picks (your first 5) and your last 3 leaves a lot to be desired but Erat might shut me up if he can drop 65 pts this year. Back to your weakness DEFENSE, well as I’ve already heard you are trying to shore that up by offering “GARBAGE” for Dumba (really a 3rd and 5th next year, come on Vic) I think you are already second guessing some of your re-draft picks and hoping you can somehow turn them into defenseman but I’m sure you are learning very quickly that defenseman are not cheap!

As for Chilly Willy – his last 3 trades have been FANTASTIC, you and him should battle it out for 4th place, should be a great side story (boy I hope you finish 5th!).

Vic please don’t take credit for Willy making a $50 bet Miller/Thomas, it’s a bet you had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with and a bet I believe 5 of us (me, Angelo, Kats, Billy and Lou for sure) offered to you but you would not take (among the 20 other Miller/Thomas bets you would not take). But I understand that you are trying to make yourself look better after RAPING Willy by saying “look Willy I made you $50”. Nice try!!!

As for Willy finishing in the top 3, Vic “I will bet “YOU” $50 Willy won’t finish top 3 because I’m not going to take money from Willy” like I said!

If you can re-read my post – “Chilly Willy may have “YOU” finishing closer to 5th than 3rd” meaning he finishes 4th and you 5th! None of the big 3 (Rob, Angelo and the FHCL champs) should start shivering just yet…

My final thought - I find it “absolutely pathetic” the amount of time you must be putting in scouring every word and article I’ve posted in the last year but I’m glad I’ve given you a purpose! HOW MANY FUCKING HOURS OF YOUR LIFE ARE YOU SPENDING FINDING MY QUOTES LOL, BUT KEEP IT UP I FIND YOUR ARTICLES AMUSING!
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 2:13

Tom said:
Did you have a good draft YES but anyone that has 5 picks in the top 24, should do well. A fucking monkey could pick out of a hat and do just as well.
Really, a monkey could pick out of a hat and do just as well? Let me remind you of what you said on April 24, 2012 at 12:59 p.m. in 'THIS ONE IS FOR YOU LOU':
Vic,
If you list the draft position/spots you have of all your picks this year, I can tell you exactly who you will pick probably with 75% accuracy!
I am that good!
Do you know how good you are? Smith and Garrison were already gone when you said I should and would pick them. I'll take those two out of the equation. That leaves 6 other picks I could of had and should have taken at those spots because you are that good! You know how many you got right? 0! That equals 0%! Fucking arrogant DUMMY! Then you go and say what a good draft I had and a monkey could have made those picks. So which is it? Did I have a good draft or are you dumber than a monkey? I didn't pick the 6 guys you wanted in the spots you said I should take them with 75% accuracy! (ie. If I took McDonagh instead of Holtby like you said I should in the 2nd rd I wouldn't have had Holtby. I still got McDonagh with my LAST 3RD RD. PICK! or should have I took Hartnell instead of O'Reilly which you didn't know how he got to me.) Is 'BI-POLAR TOM' coming out of the closet again?

As for Erat, an 11-12th forward that I have a lot of, where is the Erat vs. Johansson article. You remember right? I still have the text if you don't remember. You won't bet Erat vs. Johansson pts. next year? hahahaha. Remember I told you to go right ahead and write the article and then I laughed. I picked Erat to be a depth forward the next 2-3 years. Let me laugh again. Hahahaha. Now you go and do me another favour with your own words.
Don’t you have 5 guys like this on your team that can fill the 11-12 spot
So let me get this straight cause it's beautiful. You won't bet Johansson vs. my depth forward (11-12th forward on my 4th place team) next year? Really? Whitey are you getting this cause it's important and something I've been telling you! Tom won't bet my 11-12th forward next year. Thanks Tom you 'LOW-LIFE LIAR'. Hahaha. I'm only using your own words Tom. I told you not to post!

As for Collberg, you know how I feel about him, otherwise I would not have bet you that Collberg would be in the top 50 of the Spring 2013 Hockey News prospect edition. I'm sure you've heard that Bergevin had a phenomenal 1st draft as the Canadiens GM and Collberg was the steal of the draft. I had him going in the top 20 of the 1st rd. I guess we shall have to wait and see.

As for Telegin, I told you and Matt that my last 5th rd. pick was a little off the board but I like what I saw in him. You say he didn't dominate but would you say that 64 pts in 46 games and a 1.4 pts/gm average in a injury riddled season is VERY GOOD? Actually don't worry about him playing injured most of the season, let's just ask if 64 pts. in 46 games is any good? You let me know.

As for Dumba, you should ask Newbs if I was trying to pawn any of my forward prospects I have off on him for Dumba. This is what you wrote along with a draft pick trade for Dumba so I am a little confused:
you are already second guessing some of your re-draft picks and hoping you can somehow turn them into defenseman

As for you putting $30 in Willy's pocket you also had nothing to do with it. Jens and Willy did. U didn't. I know I didn't have anything to do with Willy winning $50. It was all Willy and Rob. I only said the $50 because you said you won him the $30 plus the $50. See how stupid you sound! You walked right into that just like LIE#1 DUMMY!
Vic please don’t take credit for Willy making a $50 bet Miller/Thomas, it’s a bet you had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with and a bet I believe 5 of us (me, Angelo, Kats, Billy and Lou for sure) offered to you but you would not take (among the 20 other Miller/Thomas bets you would not take).
Ya Tom you offered me the bet at the beginning of the year and I didn't want to take the bet until about 3 weeks into the season. You vetoed a Miller/Thomas and a 3rd (it became a 3rd because I thought there was a chance Thomas would beat Miller in points and he did!). You wouldn't take a bet about 3 weeks into the season? Do you take Crosby or Malkin 3 weeks into the season if they are behind Phil Kessel in points at that point. Remember, Miller is a top 5 goalie and Thomas is a good goalie that was going to split a lot of time with the guy you like to call 'DEFINITION OF A YOUNG STUD'. HAHAHAHA.

As for betting Willy finishes in the top 3, do I have to copy and paste what I wrote in February. 5 teams have a shot at the money. 5! Why would I make a bet if I feel 5 teams have a shot at the money. 5! C'mon Tom. Wake up!

Tom, I find it ironic that you say you find it "absolutely pathetic" the time I am putting into FINDING YOUR WORDS proving what you are which is a sleazy, slimy, 'CONFIRMED LOW-LIFE LIAR' and 'DUMBY'. What good would I be as a sponsor if I didn't put the time into your road to recovery? Actually, I have to be honest. I'm not really putting that much time into finding 'YOUR WORDS'. I know, I'm a bad sponsor but it's just too easy. I don't really have to look that hard. Sorry buddy. I'm still here for you though! LOL.

vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 10:17

hey dummies..................here is a free class for you:

CHIRPING 101

when you chirp someone, it's a few witty comments composed in a sentence or two.
not these books that you write trying to prove your point!

NO ONE READS THEM!

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 11:48

Tom said: On December……Vic is a fag and is going to be my little bitch this year

Vic said: No I won’t

Tom said: Shut up Vic and know your roll before I slap you in the face

Vic said: Stop using foul language Tom

Tom said: On June…….Close you’re big fucking mouth and go withdraw $207 from your bank account you stupid fuck and smarten up!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I love the Tom said, Vic said game……..WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Keep it coming Vic, you missed a few important quotes from October and November 2011, you know what I’m talking about so go dig them up Sherlock Holmes! You have 24 hours to complete this task and then I’ll assign you some more work…get to it!!!

I HATE HANDING OVER MONEY TO VIC LIKE THIS FUCK…

Ok here it is Vic: Erat vs Johansson pts the next 5 years, $10 each year!

Remember – you would not take Marcus Johansson in this year’s redraft if he was available and you took Erat in the 4th round 36th pick overall. Basically you should definitely win the first 3 years of this bet, I’m hoping to win 2 of the next 5 years and only lose $10. Just give me the OK and I’ll post the bet. Remember this is a “keeper league” so the 5 year value of players is pretty important (which by the way would put Johansson at 27 years old, just hitting his prime…). Who cares, Johansson is garbage!

This post has been approved by Tom “Bi-polar” Ventura, or maybe it hasn’t?
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 16:17

lou wrote:hey dummies..................here is a free class for you:

CHIRPING 101

when you chirp someone, it's a few witty comments composed in a sentence or two.
not these books that you write trying to prove your point!

NO ONE READS THEM!

thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 21:19

I'm sorry about this Lou but it has to be said and done. Tom, I love the 'Vic said Tom said game'. The only difference is that I use your exact words and you just go along making up your own words hence the 'LOW-LIE LIAR'. As for what I said in October or Novemeber I'm not really sure what you mean? Help me out Sherlock Holmes.

5 lines in your last post is your Erat vs. Johansson article. Are you fucking kidding me? Hahahaha. We all know you can't write an article about how much better your players are than mine in less than 30 sentences. Fact! You never have! Let me remind you and everybody else what the entire text conversation was (SORRY LOU). But let's remind a few people about what you said about Erat first:
Don’t you have 5 guys like this on your team that can fill the 11-12 spot
You won't bet my 11th-12th forward (at best) on my 4th place team against Johansson? Hahahaha. Let me remind everybody of our conversation in its entirety cause I know you love leaving things out. You have the whole conversation too so if I've left something out please post what I have left out for EVERYBODY TO SEE! U asked me if I would take Erat or Johansson in this last draft and the following conversation occurred as a result.

TEXT CONVERSATION B/W TOM AND VIC JULY 13, 2012

V: First, will u take the Erat vs. Johansson bet?
V: Hello
V: Hello? What r u waiting 4? Haha
T: How many years?
V: Haha. I drafted Erat only as a HOLD OVERu retard!I could do that because I had 8 picks and I drafted Forsberg, Collberg, Telegin, oh and 21 yr old O'reilly as prospect to go along with cloyle, bjugstad and Kreider. Fuck, do I really have all those young guys? Haha
T: So how many years? No I don't have those young guys but I do have a nice trophy in my living room!

*I HOPE YOU ALL GOT TOM SAYING HE DOESN'T HAVE THOSE YOUNG GUYS! HAHA*

V: Next yr. I told u he was a HOLD OVER! Yes or no? It's not a hard question!
V: How much u want to bet?
T: 5 year, $10 a year.... friendly bet! U should win 3. My donation to u!
V: What part of HOLD OVER didn't u understand? 8 picks allowed me to do that. Yes or no? $20 this year? My donation to U! Lol
T: Friendly bet what's $10 for 5 years
V: Easy $20 for u this yr! The guy has never scored 60 pts. in his career for Christs sakes! The guys 31 yrs old and bad back. Fuck, no brainer for u in my opinion. No?

*MY FAVORITE PART OF THE CONVERSATION STARTS NOW!*

T: Don't worry I won't post that u won't take a 5 yr bet Erat vs. Johannson (the bum u would not draft)
V: Post it! I don't give a fuck. Lol. Everybody knows why I drafted him. Like I told u, I drafted him as a HOLD OVER. Actually, I want u to post this entire text word 4 word so people realize 4 sure then what Johansson is worth! Less than a 31 yr. old, bad back, HOLD OVER forward! hahaha. Go Tom go! Lol. Dummy! hahaha. Post it! Post it! Lol
T: I will tomorrow
V: Now!!!!!! Lol. Please! Please! Dummy!!! Lol. Now. Now. Now. Lol. Lol. Hahaha. Hahaha. U want me to start a post? Lol
T: I hate typing articles on the Iphone. I'll do it tomorrow.
V: Dummy!
T: If u want
V: Let me start it 4 u please!!!!! What do u want me to call it! Lol
T: Doesn't matter..... call it Tom the Dummy
V: That would work but how about 'Why Vic won't take a bet with his own guy who is 31 yrs. old, bad back little midget?' Hahaha. U like? Lol
T: Sure that works
V: Sounds good! Lol. Dummy!!! Liar! Actually, It would b in ur best interest to not post anything!!! I'm serious!!! U see how ur own words exposed u tonight!!!! Don't do it!!! Hahaha
T: Posting it tomorrow dummy, shut up!
V: Don't do it please!!!!! Lol. Ur gonna regret it!!!!! hahaha. Ur so stupid!!! lol
T: Shut up
V: Hahaha. Here u go again! Lol
T: Start it off for me please
V: I can see you typing!!!! Lol. Peekaboo, I see u!!! Lol
T: Tomorrow
V: Hahaha. Stop it my stomach hurts!!!
T: Start it! Gnite.
V: Don't go!!!!! Hahaha

IMPORTANT FACTS IN VIC AND TOM TEXT JULY 13, 2012:
1. Do you guys see why I think Tom is STUPID! I told Tom 5 TIMES that Erat was a HOLD OVER! Hahaha
2. Tom said he would post the Erat/Johansson article TOMORROW 4 TIMES. 4 TIMES!!! Tomorrow would have been July 13 (we were talking early that morning). I waited until July 18 to say anything. 5 DAYS LATER! You think Tom really wanted to post anything. You guys decide. Why would he want to show what Johansson is worth. No better than a 11th-12th forward on the 4th place team! Haha.

I told you not to post anything! I warned you Tom. Hahaha. As for the lie about posting it tomorrow.... It's a step in the wrong direction but as your sponsor I am sticking by you! You are better than that! Hahahaha.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love Tom's own words!

P.S. I told you Willy and Whitey. Tom please post anything that was left out! I want these guys to get all the FACTS! HAHAHA
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 13:15

1. Ok so your 30 year old hold over (Erat) is not as good as my 21 year old Johansson in a keeper league....exactly. Thank you!

2. What do you think I'm afraid of posting? Johansson is 21 years old with 27 pts in his rookie year, and 46 pts in his 2nd year. What is his upside 50, 60, 70? I'm pretty happy with his progression so far.

The fact that you won't bet 5 years, Erat/Johansson, just proves what you think Johansson's upside is!!!

Thanks Vic
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 23:39

1. Tom, do u have any idea how STUPID u sound? The fact that u r comparing my 11th-12th forward to johansson and won't bet me my HOLD OVER the next 3 years shows johansson's worth which is a 10-12thforward at best which is what I have been saying all along about Johansson! Thank u u dummy! Lol. Anybody else know how josefson did last yr, Tom' other hyped up 30 something rd pick? Hahaha.

2. Me not betting u 5 yrs means I won't bet a THEN to b a 35 yr old wonky back, low scoring Nashville team now without BOTH Weber and Suter, hold over, 11-12th forward on a 4th place team shows EVERYBODY johansson's worth u DUMMY. Thank u again for posting such a stupid article and comparison. U know that u r comparing erat to johansson right and won't bet me a guy that has a very good chance of being anywhere between my 10-14 th forward the next 3 years right? Hahaha. U really are that dumb! Hahaha. What makes it funnier is that u r showing everybody in this league that and u don't even see it! Hahaha

Woooooooooo. Keep posting u dummy. Hahaha. Please don't stop. Keep saying u will only bet my hold over 10-14th 31 yr old, wonky back, low scoring nashville forward in a 5 yr bet and not a 3 yr bet. Come on Tom, johansson will surely beat my 10-14th forward who is now without their top 2 offensive defenseman. Come on Tom! Keep posting PLEASE and take the 3yr hold over bet! We can call it 'WHO'S THE BETTER 10-14th FORWARD" hahaha. U like the title? Lol
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 8:20

Lol Vic, this is how stupid u are...

How many 21 year old forwards do u have in your starting 12?

How many do I have in my starting 12?

Fuck, take a look at every team in our keeper league and let me know how many 21 year old forwards they have in their starting 12?

Is it kinda making sense to you yet?????????????????

Or do I still need to properly explain it?
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 8:21

Wow u are fuckin dumb!!!
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 1:46

Hey Tom, I know a guy that scored 64 pts in 77 games as a 21 yr. old. He then went and scored 53 pts. in 62 games. You say he is a bag of shit after 1 bad year and buried on the 3rd line. You want to know the guy.

CHRIS 'FUCKING' STEWART DUMMY!

P.S. Eh Tom, any idea why Washington went and got arguably the worst defensive forward in the league in Ribeiro to play as the 2nd line center. Cause management obviously felt Johansson wasn't the answer. Hey Tom, guess who is buried on the 3rd line in Washington? Shut up stupid!

Hey Tom, is it kinda making sense?

Wow, you are fucking dumb!
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 9:35

vsobs wrote:
P.S. Eh Tom, any idea why Washington went and got arguably the worst defensive forward in the league in Ribeiro to play as the 2nd line center. Cause management obviously felt Johansson wasn't the answer. Hey Tom, guess who is buried on the 3rd line in Washington? Shut up stupid!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES I agree with you Johansson is not the answer (as the 2nd line center) and he will be buried on 3rd line for the next 5 years probably!!!

SO TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY YOU DUMB FUCK, PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY, ITS ALL YOURS (ERAT VS JOHANSSON - $10 THE NEXT 5 YEARS)

If he's buried on the 3rd line, there is no way he will replicate his 46 points from last year or better...!

If he's buried on the 3rd line, there is no way he will beat THE BEST Nashville forward Martin Erat!

If he's buried on the 3rd line, I understand now why you would not draft him LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

MAKE THE BET OR STOP LYING TO YOURSELF AND THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!

ERAT POINTS THE LAST 6 YEARS - 58, 50, 49, 50, 57, 57

Take my money you dumb FUCKING POLLOCK, 3rd liners don't get 50+ points, especially HORRIBLE players like Marcus Johansson!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep writing about how shit Marcus Johansson is and then don't take a bet vs the best Nashville forward, please keep writing...I love how dumb you make me look lol
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 13:27

I can't believe u still r not seeing it. I will put it down numerically. It might make it easier 4 u. Ready?
1. Wonky bad back
2. Really bad offensive team
3. No more Suter!
4. 31 yrs. old
5. Hold Over
6. Able to pick him cause I had 8 picks
7. He was so shit nobody drafted Erat in the inaugural draft or until the last pick in the 4th rd of this yr's entry draft.

Do u see how shit erat is now and why I'm willing to bet u the next 3 years and ur not willing to bet my 11-12th forward?

And yes I love making u look stupid!

Do everybody a favor and take the 3yr bet against my 31 yr old, wonky back, low scoring Nashville team without suter,11-12 th forward.

Woooooooooooo
vsobs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 13:43

Ok, ok, ok, I understand you are scared of Johansson's NHL career 73 points and the "MASSIVE" ice time he's gonna get on that 3rd line!

I can't believe how scared you are of losing $10 because we both know Erat will beat Johansson at least the next 2 years in pts Wink

Yeah you keep making me look stupid! Or maybe you just make stupid picks?
tventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum