Dissecting Whitey's trades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dissecting Whitey's trades

Post by Yanne on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 23:51

Trade #1

Tom gets - N. Backstrom and a 5th 2012

Brian gets - S. Weber, R. Callahan, K. Turris and 1st 2012

I believe this trade is actually pretty fair!

I break the trade down like this, Backstrom for Weber, Callahan and a 1st 2012. I believe that is a good return for Backstrom and Turris for a 5th.

Trade #2

Jens gets - J. Tavares and P. Subban

Brian gets - T. Seguin, R. Stromme, 1st 2013 and 2nd 2013.

I believe I won this trade but I dont think he got raped.

Neither of these teams are going to win in 3 years and by that time Seguin could be producing close to Tavaes. The 1st in 2013 is going to be a top 3 pick. Stromme is a stud prospect.

Trade #3

Willy gets - C. Giroux and P. Marleau

Brian gets - T. Hall and B. Mclean and 1st 2012

Brian wins this trade!

Hall for Giroux is good but a 1st in 12 and Mclean for Marleau is a steal! Marleau is old and shit and Whitey didnt need him on his team!

Trade #4

Willy gets - B. Ryan and K. Shattenkirk

Brian gets - J. Benn, J. Johnson and a 3rd 2012

This is a fair trade.

Ryan is better then Benn right now and Johnson is better then Shatty. Brian might actually win the trade as he received a 3rd in a deep draft!

Trade #5

Tom gets - P. Stastny

Brian gets - M. Granlund, J. Demers, 2nd 2012 and 3rd 2013.

Id give Tom the short term win but Whitey MAY get the long term win!

Tom gets the best player right now but Granlund and that 2nd could bite him in the ass. Granlund could be scary good and Stastny in my opinion is the 2nd line center in Colorado now behind Duchene. He still has the potential to put up 70-80 pys but could also be stuck in that 55-70 point range as second fiddle.

ps. Brian has told me some of the offers he received and everybody was offering absolute garbage!!!

All in all I dont think Brian has done that bad!
Yanne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dissecting Whitey's trades

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 1:19

I don't really think it is fair that you are dissecting trades. When was the last time you actually won a keeper league? 2009? You're a has been.

Trade #1

Tom gets - N. Backstrom and a 5th 2012

Brian gets - S. Weber, R. Callahan, K. Turris and 1st 2012

To trade a guy like Backstrom, someone really has to blow your socks off. Weber Callahan Turris and a 1st isn't bad, but it's not exactly an over payment. Weber is Weber, Callahan is easily replaceable, Turris is a prospect with some potential who is pretty much at rock bottom (value wise) and the 1st 2012 should be a good player (in 4 years). Ive said it many times....This trade is Weber and a 1st for Backstrom....Turris (prospect with potential) and Callahan (50-65 point player) are players that you can get in almost every entry draft

Trade #2

Jens gets - J. Tavares and P. Subban

Brian gets - T. Seguin, R. Stromme, 1st 2013 and 2nd 2013.

This trade is absolutely terrible. The funny part is Subban will be 5-10 points behind Weber for the foreseeable future. If you gave up Backstrom to work out a deal where Weber is the center piece coming back....you should of got a player slightly less of Backstroms calibre. But instead you give up Tavares, (who will obviously never get more than 70 points...... Shocked )

Jens gets - TWO stud players to build around

Brian gets - Seguin, and 3 prospects

Trade #3

Willy gets - C. Giroux and P. Marleau

Brian gets - T. Hall and B. Mclean and 1st 2012

Giroux is more valuable than Hall is right now, easily. And Giroux will get more points than Hall over the next "x" amount of years. With that said, this trade is probably his best...the 1st in 2012 is the kicker....

Trade #4

Willy gets - B. Ryan and K. Shattenkirk

Brian gets - J. Benn, J. Johnson and a 3rd 2012

Ryan is and will always be better than Benn. Shattenkirk and Johnson I would say are about equal...I wouldn't say a 3rd rounder is the difference between Ryan and Benn....not even close actually. And you guys know I love Benn....

Trade #5

Tom gets - P. Stastny

Brian gets - M. Granlund, J. Demers, 2nd 2012 and 3rd 2013.

IF Granlund develops the way you want him too, IF the picks turn out, and WHEN they actually start helping your team....Stastny will be inking the game sheet, night in night out. 2nd line center? Perhaps....But you can still bank him for at least 65 points a season. When your about 20ish points off a point a game after 5 nhl seasons and at the age of 25....like stastny is....that = superstar.

I will also bet my left nut that when Granlund plays 5 NHL seasons....he wont be close to Stastny's .91 points per game ratio. Demers is almost a useless asset but Tom/Matt were able to get something for him (kudos to u guys)....the picks...again are IF's and 3-4 years away...

In the end...all of the trades have the same similarities....and it was actually one of the first things I learned not to do......

To Brian - Hope, and IF's

To everyone else - immediate contribution from core players

Last edited by vas on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 1:25; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 1:22

One more thing......

Yanne wrote:This is a fair trade.

When your dealing guys like: Backstrom, Tavares, Ryan, Subban, Giroux, etc......you don't strive for "fair" trades....if someone wants to pry one of your studs away...you don't strive for "fair" trades....

That is all....

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanne on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 1:55

I never said I agreed with trading studs for fair but I wanted to point out he never really got raped!
Yanne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 1:59

The funny part is....if all the picks and prospects turn out....Brian wins every trade!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanne on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:41

Im the only one that can draft like that!
Yanne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top